The three overarching aims of the study are to:
- Identify and evaluate strategies used by innovators in sustainable housing;
- Inform processes that can be incorporated into the culture and practices of the housing industry;
- Enhance the supply of, and demand for, sustainable homes.
The aims will be achieved by exploring the following research questions, under three key research areas:
Actions of sustainable housing innovators:
- What innovations are being used to enhance sustainability performance?
- How are these incorporated into culture and practice?
- What were the decision making processes of the supply chain participants that enabled these actions to be undertaken?
Outcomes of sustainable housing innovations:
- Have the innovations resulted in enhanced building performance?
- What benefits and disadvantages have resulted from these innovations?
- What was the extent of supply chain participation influence on the development of these innovations?
Impact of sustainable housing innovations to supply and demand of sustainable housing:
- Do these innovations provide certainty of sustainability performance outcomes?
- How can learnings from these innovators be transferred to other participants in the supply chain?
- Can collaborative partnerships between businesses enhance innovation development?